Saturday, October 15, 2016

Spoken Word

I am an amateur. But these are the snippets of thoughts that have come that I have had to write down.

"To dream, perchance you say? On a Calgary Transit Ctrain."

(Written on my way back from a meeting after spending night at hospital with neighbor.)

 "I am Enough when I do all the right things,
I conform to what is the majority.
I shall try to respect myself more in the future to come,
As for now, I am having way too much fun!
Erin, what HAVE you gotten me into?"

(When I am judging what I say in my poetry.)

"Good Morning, my name is BPD,
And I've come to haunt you today.
Hide those pills, knife and bottle you see,
So that my scars don't become, you're reality."

(Don't remember when I wrote this, but it's common on a daily basis.)

"Oh my, where have you gone?
I've lost the control that I once had,
I need to be controlled right now,
So that I may not go, straight to hell"

(Feeling out of control)

 "I am a mother, and my job you see;
Is not to be your friend, or let you sleep in till 3.
My job is to teach you, how to grow up,
So you can be independent, and have a family and stuff.
I do not judge others how they raise their own,
This is just my own, personal belief.

See, Here I am, fighting justice on my own,
If I were a stripper, what would my stripper name be?
Why I think City Hall Hooker, would work very well for me.
I get up and tell my story, stripping my soul;
Like most of those people, who want a suite in their home."

(When reading about affordable housing, and the things I've heard in council meetings.)

 "And like a flash, there it's gone,
that happy feeling, a moment ago;
dropped like a bomb,
with young lives lost in the storm."

(After I heard of three, YES, 3. Young lives lost to suicide. The oldest, 14! RIP)

"What in the world is wrong with me?
I'm engaging in conversation that increases,
my social anxiety!
What did the doc call it schizophrenic psychosis,
Oh no, wait. it was Stress induces psychosis.
I remember now, I forgot to take my pills,
Where the fuck IS my seroquel?
WHERE the fuck is my seroquel?
WHERE the FUCK is my seroquel?
WHERE the fuck IS my seroquel?
Wait, maybe I need to sit down and breathe!
In through nose, hold for 4,
and breath out of 8, NOW, where are my pills?"


(An exhausting day of forgetting to take my pills, and doing tasks outside of my comfort range.)

"One day, I'll get better at this spoken word art,
right now, I'm a beginner, just trying to find my....voice that was lost." 

No comments:

Post a Comment