Sunday, July 26, 2015

Religious Guilt

Wow, this is going to be a hot topic. I encourage people's comments, opinions, thoughts. But will NOT tolerate hate, bashing, shaming, anger, or prejudice. Those types of comments will be swiftly removed and deleted.

I have not been to church in months now. Mostly because I find hate, intolerance, and prejudice within my congregation members. People who have invited me into their homes as a guest: and have made fun of and disrespected other faiths and religions, but mostly, their culture and traditions.

This frustrates and makes me angry.

It is sad to say that I see more of God's love in my community of different faiths, than I do in a church community.

Yesterday I gathered for an EID celebration with the Muslim community. Saw their love, faith, culture, and humanity gather amongst those who call God: Allah, and those who call their God: God, Jesus, Creator, Spirit, or Buddha. It was absolutely beautiful.

What I am most guilty of, and very ashamed of, is when I see this intolerance and hate, I do not speak up against it. I remain silent to "keep the peace and not create conflict." This is what I believe God wants of us, to make peace.

But by remaining silent I do not create peace, I am insulting and not standing up for what God's truth is, no matter what religion you belong to, to love your neighbours.

So for my Muslim community, I am so sorry. For my Auntie Donna who comes from the Nehiyawak (Cree) Nation, and my great-niece who is from a different culture, to my son, who is part Metis, I am so very sorry. Even to the gay/lesbian and trans gender community I apologize.

God made all of us in his image. Just the way we are. And there should be no hate, intolerance, judgement, or disrespect.

Going forward I will speak up for different faiths, cultures, beliefs, and traditions. And continue to love and support you.

No comments:

Post a Comment